En este segundo día abordamos el diseño en 3D en ordenador utilizando Tinkercad. Hemos elegido Tinkercad por ser un software basado en web y que está avalado por Autodesk. Además de ser fácil de usar, está en evolución y como última novedad, ahora permite integrar proyectos basados en arduino.
Los alumnos diseñaron 5 llaveros diferentes para ser impresos en la siguiente sesión.
En este enlace podrás ver la presentación de la sesión 2.
Arrancamos esta primera edición del curso de Iniciación al diseño para impresión digital en 3D con una sesión de dibujo básico a mano en 2D. Repasamos los conceptos de vistas y representación isométrica.
Este curso ha sido posible gracias a la subvención para la Mejora de las Competencias Digitales gestionada por la Agencia Canaria de Investigación, Innovación y Sociedad de la Información. Esta subvención ha hecho posible que hayamos adquirido 10 impresoras 3D, un escáner 3D profesional y diverso material auxiliar.
Como co-organizadores del curso contamos con INtech Tenerife que no solo ha colaborado con la cesión del aula maker para la realización del curso sino que ha cubierto los gastos de matrícula de los alumnos.
Last week we attended a Siemens TIA Portal update course in Siemens Madrid. We have been seeing new installations with projects under TIA Portal and the new plc’s, so we felt it was time to spend some time learning about the new era software for Siemens automation platform.
Some of the good things of TIA Portal are:
- Total integration of plc and hmi in the same project. The killer app is not having everything under the same file, but use the plc variables in the hmi configuration. This saves a lot of time and errors when developing!
- The S7-1500 series stores the symbols and comments in the CPU
- TIA Portal is though to be used with symbolic operators, so there is no need to address variables in absolute mode
- Better management of memory, specially in Data Blocks and FB
- The new plc’s work on ethernet, so there is no need for a special cable to communicate
Some bad things of TIA Portal:
- Price tag! 1800 euros for a Pro license that does not include 100% of packages like Safety, Graph, etc
- It is not possible to translate from KOP to AWL and viceversa, why?
- Still having the same issues of Step7 with Service Packs and problems with operating systems
- A 15″ screen is small to handle all the sub-windows inside the main window
Do you still have old S5 and S7 systems?
It is time to migrate to the new S7 and because S7-1200 is more powerful than S5 and some S7-300, you can make the migration on the cheap. A new S7-1200 plc is bellow 600 eur and can be easily expanded with digital and analog IO, as well as communications with Profibus, ASI, etc.
TINERMAQ is one of the only companies that can help you to migrate Step5 and Step7 systems in Tenerife, so please call us to help you.
Troax is a swedish manufacturer of machine guarding based on special mesh panels, doors, etc. We have been protecting several machines in a clients factory since 2016 and finally we achieved a partnership deal with them.
The advantages of using Troax systems instead of a custom made are:
- Excellent quality-price ratio
- Tested and certified product according to international machine safety norms
- Easy and fast assembly based on modular components that bolt together
- No need to use power tools apart from drilling holes on the floor to fix it
We are enormously proud of been one of the sponsors of First Lego League in the Canary Islands. This year, the competition was held in La Orotava in the north of Tenerife.
One of the wining teams, Cintegra, was also one of the teams that I was mentoring in a hackaton last year.
On december 2016 we were selected for supplying various machines and equipment to Parque Científico y Tecnológico de Tenerife (PCTT).
The machines that will be available at InFactory, a business centre located at Santa Cruz de Tenerife, are:
- Roland SRM20 cnc milling machine
- Roland MDX40A cnc milling machine
- Zortrax M200 filament 3D printer
- Roland ARM10 resin 3D printers
- Matter&Form 3D scanner
- Janome Memory Craft 450E sewing machine
- Roland CAMM-1 GS24 plotter
- Electric hand tools
- Electronics for prototyping like arduino, sensors, etc.
We have been working with Constante Solar on various projects in Solar Water Heating, specially big systems that heat hotel swimming pools (Hotel Baobab Suites Tenerife) and complete apartment buildings.
We have developed from simple control cabinets with just a temperature controler and a pump to multi-pump solutions with variable frequency drives and plc that controls up to 12 variables of the process.
AgroCanarias is one of the leading companies supplying irrigation systems in the Canary Islands. Once more, they rely on us as their supplier for electrical control boxes for their installations.
The control boxes are designed and built to control various types of irrigation devices like pumps, blowers, electrovalves, etc. The approach is to be simple to install and operate, and they are customized with their logo and contact details.
This is our new vehicle, a VW Caddy van.